Old Sturbridge Village Snow Storm

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been in a bit of a funk lately and haven't had much enthusiasm for photography or Christmas but Sunday's trip to Old Sturbridge Village during the first snowstorm of the season went a long way to changing my mood. Shooting in the snow is fun but not fun - IYKYK!

Snow started on our drive there and by the time we arrived there was a pretty dusting of fresh snow everywhere!
Old Sturbridge Village by SharonCat..., on Flickr

It was the Christmas Candlelight Festivasl but a few electric lights made the scene.

The snow got progressively heavier as time went on.

No tripods allowed so you'll have to forgive the heavy noise reduction needed here

Luckily the snow stopped as we headed out and the roads were plowed and sanded for the drive home (well...the drive to a nice dinner and martinis at a warm and cozy restaurant near home!).

Very nice set.

There should be a lot more snow out there later this week if you need a mood boost:stung:

I think these snowy scenes are lovely! That looks like it was a bit of a challenge, but as usual you pulled it off.

I would likely have sat in the car until you all were done and been ready for the dinner and drinks. ;)

Nice shots. That last one has a really nice look/feel to it.

Good set, given the conditions.

That's a very nice set! I'm in the same place. Haven't put lights up yet, or anything.
I finally got the tree up and the mantle decorated. Going to a holiday open house this afternoon and then our annual cookie factory tonight. Princess has recruited 4 friends to help. The girls usually end up eating more than they help with but it’s fun.
Very nice set.

There should be a lot more snow out there later this week if you need a mood boost:stung:
I had hoped to head up to Kennebunk yesterday (Saturday) but the it seemed I’d have to go further north for snow so I stayed local. Lots to shoot around here!
I think these snowy scenes are lovely! That looks like it was a bit of a challenge, but as usual you pulled it off.

I would likely have sat in the car until you all were done and been ready for the dinner and drinks. ;)
Lol you were in GA too long of a little snow squall scares you off!
Nice series.
Thanks very much.
Nice shots. That last one has a really nice look/feel to it.
Thank you. Lots of Denoise and editing to get something from that raw file but I am happy with it!
Good set, given the conditions.
Thanks! Yes it was challenging especially without a tripod and so many people surprisingly- I had thought (hoped) the weather would keep some people home but it was busy!

Reactions: PJM
Very Nice Set....Really Liked Them All!!! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back