Old Time Drags @ Englishtown, NJ

tdz16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple of shots from the track on Sunday. Got some panning ones too, but focus was soft on a lot of them for a variety of reasons so their not acceptable shots in my opinion.

C&C if you'd like. Thanks for looking.

~Tom

Challenger.jpg

1974 Dodge Challenger

Deluxe-1.jpg

1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe

69YenkoNova.jpg

1969 Chevrolet Yenko Nova

I love the last two.

Also, I <3 Englishtown. I'm usually over at the ClubLoose events on the road course. :thumbup:

for #1, I find the background distracting, and would maybe what to see the dead space on the other side.

#2, great shot

#3, try to get rid of the car in the background too.

#1 I think it's a little too wide of a picture. The background is not OOF enough to not be distracting. Also, the right side of the challenger is nice (I think sunlight is great for a car shot like this), but the shadow from the trailer on the left is detracting from the image.

If presented with this particular situation, I might have taken a tight close-up of the front right headlamps and the challenger badge.

#2 Love it! I don't see anything that i'd change. Really great shot IMO.

#3 I'm still trying to decide whether I like this or not. The dilemma in my mind is the background and exposure. Background seems a little dark, but it's still partly cloudy and sunny outside. Wondering if you may have underexposed this?

#1 I think it's a little too wide of a picture. The background is not OOF enough to not be distracting. Also, the right side of the challenger is nice (I think sunlight is great for a car shot like this), but the shadow from the trailer on the left is detracting from the image.

If presented with this particular situation, I might have taken a tight close-up of the front right headlamps and the challenger badge.

#2 Love it! I don't see anything that i'd change. Really great shot IMO.

#3 I'm still trying to decide whether I like this or not. The dilemma in my mind is the background and exposure. Background seems a little dark, but it's still partly cloudy and sunny outside. Wondering if you may have underexposed this?

Yeah, the Challenger was more a shot for my dad, who, I must add, b**ched the entire time that I wasn't taking enough shots of "whole" cars. So I kinda tried to embrace the "snapshottyness" of the photo, lol.

On #3 you caught me. I actually applied a gradient across the photo from clear to black, left to right, then lowered the opacity. This seemed to be the only solution to the hood and fender flare looking cartoonish. They were so bright/blotchy looking they pulled your eye right away. The gradient kinda toned it down in my opinion. Maybe I should have bumped the exposure in PP a little, but it works.

Thanks for all of the comments and compliments.

~Tom

Most reactions

New Topics

Back