Older lens for D7000

bentrod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a D7000 and would like to use an older lens: Micro-NIKOR 105MM 1:2.8 236100 Nikon.. "Notice lack of a letter after NIKOR." I bought this lens in '90-'91 new from Adorama.

On the compatibility chart it shows lens' prior to 1977 as non AI and not compatible with D7000 or FM2n, but I used this lens on an FM2 often and loved it. Will this work on my D7000?

Jim

If you have both, why not try? I think that it will couple fine, but you might not get matrix metering. It's worth a shot. You might have to go into your menus and enter the lens data but I'm not sure if the D7000 has that feature

If you have both, why not try? I think that it will couple fine, but you might not get matrix metering. It's worth a shot. You might have to go into your menus and enter the lens data but I'm not sure if the D7000 has that feature

Thanks, In my D7000 manual it warns that some older lens may damage the camera.
Jim

You just have to watch out for pre-ai lenses. Since your lens works on your FM2 and was new in 1990 then it should be just fine on your D7000.

BTW, kudos to you for not calling it a D7K. That sort of indicates some sort of mixed up nikon/canon hybrid. Just kids trying to seem cool I guess.

.........BTW, kudos to you for not calling it a D7K. That sort of indicates some sort of mixed up nikon/canon hybrid. Just kids trying to seem cool I guess.

So we should say, "I have a 16 gigabyte card..." as opposed to "I have a 16gb card...."?

.........BTW, kudos to you for not calling it a D7K. That sort of indicates some sort of mixed up nikon/canon hybrid. Just kids trying to seem cool I guess.

So we should say, "I have a 16 gigabyte card..." as opposed to "I have a 16gb card...."?

Why would you come up with this response? The abbreviation gb is an accepted form of gigabyte. The manufactures use it on their product. It is an abbreviation of a quantity. Km is an accepted abbreviation for kilometre. On the other hand 'D7000' is a product name. I have yet to see Nikon mention this camera by any moniker other than D7000.

You just have to watch out for pre-ai lenses. Since your lens works on your FM2 and was new in 1990 then it should be just fine on your D7000.

That is just it, my lens does not say AI on it, also in the lens compatibility chart it says not compatible with FM2n, which I think is a newer version with the FM2. The FM2 was not listed in this chart. I am just nerves about damaging my D7000.

I am just nerves about damaging my D7000.

Fair enough, if you are nervous about it then don't.

You could try taking the camera and lens to a reputable camera dealer with experienced staff and let them look at it and advise you appropriately. Don't go to Future Shop or Best Buy for this.

Up-date, I found the manual for the lens, it is an AI s, but was not marked on the lens, the reason for my caution. I also went to Ken Rockwell's site and there confirmed the lens' compatibility with my D7000.

Thanks all

Jim

Awesome lens, one of the benifits of the d700 is being able to meter with lenses like this. Its built much better then the newer versions which arent any better optically. Nobody needs af in a macro lens!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back