Olive-backed sunbird (Cinnyris jugularis)

dolina

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Olive-backed sunbird (Cinnyris jugularis) by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr

Tiny and active sunbird of forest edges, parks, and gardens; the most common urban sunbird throughout most of its range. Both sexes have a plain olive back, a yellow belly, and white tail edges that are flared out in flight. The male flashes an iridescent blue throat while the female has a yellow throat and eyebrow. Female Brown-throated Sunbird also has a yellow belly, but it is larger with a thicker bill and lacks the Olive-backed’s white tail patches. Only sunbird species in Australia.

Source: https://ebird.org/species/olbsun4?siteLanguage=en_PH

Lovely shot! This is a gorgeous little guy. Would love to see that iridescent blue throat in full sun, but that sounds as random as getting the male ruby-throat hummingbird in full sun - best caught on the fly.

Nice work!

Lovely bird, and nice shot!

Nice shots...I don't own a telephoto lens but I am seriously considering it looking at these types of captures ...I guess these are taken with a 600mm lens. There doesn't seem to be any metadata with any of the photographs on this forum?

Very nice shot and bird.

Beautiful bird, lovely setting,great shot.

Nice shots...I don't own a telephoto lens but I am seriously considering it looking at these types of captures ...I guess these are taken with a 600mm lens. There doesn't seem to be any metadata with any of the photographs on this forum?
On some of the photos, like this one and on mine, if you click on the photo, it will take you to the original on Flickr, and you can see the information right below the photo. For this one, @dolina used a Canon EF800mm f/5.6L IS USM.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back