Olympus DSLRs

Crabazon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've noticed that almost nobody here uses Olympus DSLRs.
Aside from the four thirds sensor being prone to more noise at higher ISO, what do Canon and Nikon have which leads seemingly most to prefer them?

That's about it. My girlfriend is an Olympus user and I must say they have the NICEST lenses I have laid my hands on.

On top of that her camera has real appeal too. There's not an Olympus camera on the market that is larger than Nikon's medium sized offerings, and their top end cameras offer quite sufficient quality for the price, it's no D3s but it's no $9000 either. Not to mention the videos of people using the E5 in the shower or under waterfalls... they really take weather sealing quite seriously.

So if you want a small durable feature rich camera, with excellent glass available at a decent price, and don't need to run around shooting at ISO 512000, then Olympus is worth a serious look.

i got an Olympus E-520 it was u can say free, and its my first DSLR so far im happy with this . for a beginner i recommend it

I think Olympus is coming back with its micro four thirds and the new XZ-1 but Canon and Nikon do spend a lot of money on marketing which gain the major market shares for DSLRs

Most reactions

New Topics

Back