Olympus film peeps? come get some stuff!

pixmedic

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
was feeling like doing a little rummaging (and freeing up some space) so i dug up my old bag with my OM30.
unfortunately, the camera itself appears to have suffered a traumatic injury and was DOA, so im left with a bag of accessories that could use a new home. if you have an Olympus film camera and can/will make use of this stuff, ill gladly send it to you.

this is the main bulk of whats left. theres still the bag and a few other misc. items, but this is the main bit of goodies.
20181210_144252.JPG

the mainstay of most photographers bags... has a filter on it for some dumb reason, but the glass is clean front and rear. aperture works fine.
20181210_144325.JPG

just put batteries in this and it tests out fine. works like a champ. its an actual Olympus flash.
20181210_144341.JPG

kinda beastie for a lens, but it works. put batteries in it and it tests fine. its the original in-the-lens motor!
20181210_144353.JPG

shes in excellent condition too. clean glass front and rear. aperture works fine.
20181210_144401.JPG

kinda self explanatory. i have not put batteries in this, but its clean and worked the last time it did have batteries in it...which was quite a while ago.
20181210_144420.JPG

anyways....
IF you already have an Olympus camera this stuff will work on, and IF you actually have an interest in using it...post up what you got in this thread and ill make an official decision in a few days if theres in any interest.

Your selfless attitude never ceases to amaze me. You have freely given away so much stuff over the years! Kudos! You exemplify the paying it forward concept better than anyone I think I've ever known.

Last edited:
Once again, very generous of you, Jason!!

I can't help wondering if that 35-70 doesn't have a little bit of collector's value? Certainly not a very common lens and a first-generation AF lens as well.

I can't help wondering if that 35-70 doesn't have a little bit of collector's value? Certainly not a very common lens and a first-generation AF lens as well.

meh...it might.
its been "collecting" for a while now in my closet. i would rather it go to someone who will actually use it once in a while rather than continue to leave it sitting.

meh...it might.
its been "collecting" for a while now in my closet. i would rather it go to someone who will actually use it once in a while rather than continue to leave it sitting.
Very laudable! I'm sure the monetary value is probably less than the postage will be, but as an early piece of "modern" camera technology, it's kind of cool. Much like a Commodore 64... :lol:

Anyone wanting to get into macro should jump on that 50/1.4. It can be reverse-mounted onto any film/DSLR camera with a proper adapter ring (cheap ones abound on fleabay). Just get a 49mm to -whatever-your-camera-mount-is and you're ready to go.

If nobody ends up with wanting the stuff, keep me in mind for it WITH the OM-30 ... I have never tried to fix a "modern" camera before.

What a generous offer!
I have and actively shoot an Olympus omG
25719993478_53e9b18275_o.jpg

Thing is, I have a 50mm 1.5 and a 35-75 zoom, although not the nifty auto focus.
The winder and flash might be pretty neat, and the lenses are neat but duplicates for me.

I'd be interested in the whole lot, and if you want to send the broken camera too, I'll send it up to dxq with a couple lenses or whatever I won't use.

Recently shot with the omG:
31291655917_9d319a09f3_b.jpg

31291655417_bbc93a95d4_o.jpg

46179786102_3c7f4a9693_o.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back