Olympus OM-D E-M1 for Adventure Photography: My Long Term Review

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by rob_thomson, Jan 26, 2016.

?

What do you value most in a camera for human-powered adventure?

1. Image quality is paramount, and I don't mind carrying the extra weight of a full-frame system.

25.0%
  2. Image quality is important, but I prefer a smaller sensor to keep the weight down.

75.0%
  3. "Ultralight-ness" is paramount - image quality is secondary.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rob_thomson

rob_thomson TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi all,

I'm new to this site, but I've written up my thoughts (after two years of use) about the Olympus OM-D E-M1 mirrorless camera for adventure photography. I've used the camera mainly on human-powered adventures, and I can confidently say that it definitely fits my needs for a 'fast-and-light' camera system, when the balance between image quality and weight of gear is paramount.

Review here: Adventure Photography: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless Camera Long Term Review

About me: I am a Guinness World Record holder (longest journey by skateboard - 12,159km/7,555 miles) and previously cycled and skateboarded around the world for 2.5 years (www.14degrees.org). I am an enthusiast photographer who loves to capture the essence of what it means to push one's body and mind to the limit when stepping outside of one's comfort zone. I currently live in Hokkaido, Japan.

I would love to hear what other systems people are using for human powered adventures!

Cheers,
    Rob

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2