Olympus OM-D E-M5 or Sony NEX-7

datzent83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I currently own a Samsung NX200. I love this camera, but I can't help but notice that it does not take very sharp pictures most of the times, no matter what lens I use. The camera came with an 20-50 lens as a kit. I then purchased 18-55 lens and 18-200 Movie lens. On all lenses I have OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) turned on, but I still don't get very sharp images.

I was looking into getting either the Olympus OM-D E-M5 or Sony NEX-7. I am more inclined to go for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 because I read that NEX-7 has video overheating issues. From all the video and written reviews, the M5 seems to be a logical choice, although it has a smaller sensor, compared to NEX-7 and NX200/210

I'll be using the camera for:

• Outdoor shots (my kids playing in the park or back yard)
  • Indoor shots (my kids playing in the house)
  • Party/restaurant shots
  • Museum shots
  • Zoo and Aquarium shots
  • Home videos (my kids playing indoors/outdoors)
  • Party videos (indoors/outdoors)

Will the smaller sensor on the M5 be such a major difference in the kinds of photos I'll be taking? Any advise and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I hate to tell you that it's not the camera, it's the user and lenses that are causing you to get soft shots. Either one of those camers you're looking at will do the same thing until you either learn how to use the camera properly or purchase a quality lens and learn how to use it properly.

Micro Four Thirds has the best selection of quality glass as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back