OMG! OMG! It's here!!! *droooool* :D

niforpix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So it finally arrived today... and I love it! Couldn't take many sample shots with it outside (had no time). Maybe this weekend I'll go somewhere and test it out :D

500mm vs. my old 300mm.
2780160566_717a236fee.jpg

500mm and 300mm extended.
2780163058_a8cae6eaac.jpg

Sample shot, inside with low light @ 150mm, handheld
2779308513_9a8f1b3b01.jpg

Same thing, but @ 500mm, handheld. No edits done to photos.
2780166632_069b56e6d6.jpg

This sucka is actually not that bad to use handheld. I'm glad I got it over the Canon (I know it's not "L" glass, but whatever). I've been hearing too many issues with the push/pull system with the Canon lens.

Which glass is that? Is is the Sigma Bigma 50-500mm? Congrats! I love mine and I know you'll have a blast with it! Time for some new moon shots and some wildlife shots :mrgreen: I put a Sigma 2x Teleconverter with it as well for "more punch" :D

Which glass is that? Is is the Sigma Bigma 50-500mm? Congrats! I love mine and I know you'll have a blast with it! Time for some new moon shots and some wildlife shots :mrgreen: I put a Sigma 2x Teleconverter with it as well for "more punch" :D

This is the new 150-500mm Sigma with built-in OS for Canon. Thank you! I can't wait to play with it outside. For sure wild shots and moon shots too hehe :D

How do you like the 2x TC on it? I was thinking about that too. Or even 1.4x would be pretty good too. Does the 2x let enough light in? How do you find your photos turn out? I've never actually used one before, even with my old 70-300mm IS Canon lens.

I borrowed a 50-500 sigma a few weeks ago. Awesome for lack of a better word. I'll have the crown jewels removed if I ever buy one so Im glad I'll be able to borrow it whenever the situation arises. Have fun with it.

congratulations to you for having a new add on to your baby!:)

Congrats! I wish I could get that. I was actually going to get the 70-300mm you have.

Wow, the OS looks pretty good if you were able to handhold indoors at 500mm (!). It looks sharp too, I think Sigma is definetely taking leaps and strides with their niche lenses.

Thanks guys :)

1.4 should work well in most conditions and give you that little bit of extra range. 2 times will probably give you a good quality reduction which might or might not be worth the extra reach = depends on your own standards mostly ;)

Hmm... maybe I'll invest in the 1.4 TC in the near future :wink:

photo28 said:
Congrats! I wish I could get that. I was actually going to get the 70-300mm you have.

It's actually a really good lens! It's good because it's much smaller compared to my 500mm, so when you're traveling you can actually fit it in your bag with other lenses! I took it with me to Peru and also used it last Sunday at an air show. It produces very good quality photos :)

Antithesis said:
Wow, the OS looks pretty good if you were able to handhold indoors at 500mm (!). It looks sharp too, I think Sigma is definetely taking leaps and strides with their niche lenses.

I was actually pretty surprised too! When I first took it out of the box I thought "man, this is gonna need a tripod for sure", but I tried it out and it's actually not bad at all. The OS definately helps, and the lens is pretty sharp too :D

I have just turned green!

Most reactions

Back