Ominous Sunset

grimmett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm curious what you guys think of these. I was handholding at various slow shutter speeds.
47b6dc27b3127cce98548d0a327600000007108AYuWzZo4bOb

Here's another.
47b6dc27b3127cce98548d0db34100000007108AYuWzZo4bOb

And the last one.
47b6dc27b3127cce98548d0bb34700000007108AYuWzZo4bOb

Thanks.

Was it pouring with rain in the first?
Or where do the vertical (slightly slanted) stripes come from.
The background and sky is the same in the second, only is there no blur, and the stripes are gone. What has brought them about.
Uncreative as I am in my thinking and approach, I like the middle one best, though I do appreciate the colour and light distribution of the last one, too!!! That sky was killer on the day you went out to take these!!!

I'd clone out the lil white spots.
Other than that, these are some of the coolest sky shots I've seen, in a while!! :)

LaFoto said:
Was it pouring with rain in the first?
Or where do the vertical (slightly slanted) stripes come from.
The background and sky is the same in the second, only is there no blur, and the stripes are gone. What has brought them about.
No, the first is just a slower shutter speed than the second, so there's a bit of blur since I was handholding the camera. When I first saw that one I thought it looked a bit like the sky was falling.

danalec99 said:
I'd clone out the lil white spots.
Other than that, these are some of the coolest sky shots I've seen, in a while!! :)
Wow, thanks. I think the white spots are dust from when I scanned them. I'm so terrible in photoshop that I'd probably ruin the photo while trying to fix it!

Alexandra said:
i love the last one... great colors you captured there :D
Thanks. Most people tend to like the more standard stuff I shoot best, while I always tend to like the more abstract stuff better (#3). I'm glad someone else agrees. :)

you ended up with a nice effect... :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back