What's new

Grand Canyon -- A Dozen

Joined
Feb 20, 2017
Messages
860
Reaction score
1,198
Location
Orland Park, IL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last month, I experience two sunrises and two sunsets from the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Forunately, the weather forecast was wrong. It called for clear skies. Instead, I was treated to some incredible clouds and dramatic lighting. Of course, the Grand Canyon is an amazing place. Each time I approached the rim, the colors and contrast of the scene changed--depending upon the lighting/cloud formations.

Here are a dozen of my favorites from my short visit:

1- Sunset from Pima Point
p1191786030-6.jpg


2- Sunset from Hopi Point
p1191786006-6.jpg


3- Sunrise from Mather Point...can you see the couple who worked their way down the ridge to view the sunrise? Amazingly, of the 5 million visitors to the Grand Canyon each year, only about 2 or 3 people fall to their death annually.
p1191786007-6.jpg


4- Cloud formation over the Grand Canyon. I have a collection of cloud photographs now from this road trip.
p1191786028-6.jpg


5- From Hopi Point
p1191786010-6.jpg


6- This time the Canyon took on a green/red combination
p1191786003-6.jpg


7- Sunrise from Yaki Point
p1191786040-6.jpg


8- Layers from the historic El Tover Hotel
p1191786035-6.jpg


9- The historic Grand Canyon train depot. I saw the train arrive from Williams, Arizona...and then saw it depart. I saw it once again in Williams.
p1191786025-6.jpg


10- From Yaki Point
p1191786043-6.jpg


11- Sunrise from Mather Point
p1191785996-6.jpg


12- From the El Tovar Hotel
p1191786033-6.jpg


The next stop of my road trip was Flagstaff.

Thanks for looking...
Glenn
 
Amazing set. Anytime your favorite shots are more than just 1 or 2 winners- you are someplace special! These are all great.
 
i love the light in #5 & 10. the couple in #3 gives the canyon that massive sense of scale that i remember from my own visits. excellent series of photos!
 
Last month, I experience two sunrises and two sunsets from the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Forunately, the weather forecast was wrong. It called for clear skies. Instead, I was treated to some incredible clouds and dramatic lighting. Of course, the Grand Canyon is an amazing place. Each time I approached the rim, the colors and contrast of the scene changed--depending upon the lighting/cloud formations.

Here are a dozen of my favorites from my short visit:

1- Sunset from Pima Point
p1191786030-6.jpg


2- Sunset from Hopi Point
p1191786006-6.jpg


3- Sunrise from Mather Point...can you see the couple who worked their way down the ridge to view the sunrise? Amazingly, of the 5 million visitors to the Grand Canyon each year, only about 2 or 3 people fall to their death annually.
p1191786007-6.jpg


4- Cloud formation over the Grand Canyon. I have a collection of cloud photographs now from this road trip.
p1191786028-6.jpg


5- From Hopi Point
p1191786010-6.jpg


6- This time the Canyon took on a green/red combination
p1191786003-6.jpg


7- Sunrise from Yaki Point
p1191786040-6.jpg


8- Layers from the historic El Tover Hotel
p1191786035-6.jpg


9- The historic Grand Canyon train depot. I saw the train arrive from Williams, Arizona...and then saw it depart. I saw it once again in Williams.
p1191786025-6.jpg


10- From Yaki Point
p1191786043-6.jpg


11- Sunrise from Mather Point
p1191785996-6.jpg


12- From the El Tovar Hotel
p1191786033-6.jpg


The next stop of my road trip was Flagstaff.

Thanks for looking...
Glenn
Wonderful set!
 
Amazing set. Anytime your favorite shots are more than just 1 or 2 winners- you are someplace special! These are all great.
Thank you...yes, I was hoping to capture a few keepers and was thrilled to get the chance to edit more pictures than expected.
i love the light in #5 & 10. the couple in #3 gives the canyon that massive sense of scale that i remember from my own visits. excellent series of photos!
Thank you...the couple is so tiny that I'm not sure viewers would notice them if I didn't point them out.
Wonderful set!
Thank you

Glenn
 
Wonderful set of images! I've visited the Grand Canyon several times - but always went to the North Rim for fewer crowds (relatively speaking).

These are fabulous views, and you did a great job with your editing. It's true that the color shifts there are unique and hard to capture. Nothing like being there! :586:
 
Wonderful set of images! I've visited the Grand Canyon several times - but always went to the North Rim for fewer crowds (relatively speaking).

These are fabulous views, and you did a great job with your editing. It's true that the color shifts there are unique and hard to capture. Nothing like being there! :586:
Thanks Terri...I haven't been to the north rim yet.

Glenn
 
Thanks Terri...I haven't been to the north rim yet.

Glenn
Take the camera. ;) It’s a completely different vantage point. You'll love it!
 
These are all worthy, but I've picked #1 to be nominated for POTM!
 
SUPER photos. Grand canyon is on my bucket list for some day...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom