What's new

On the farm :)

jamborras

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
60
Reaction score
24
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
farm_zps7ee1274c.jpg


is the straw in her hair too distracting?
such a cute little farmer :)
 
The little girl is really cute, but the technical aspect of the photo needs to be improved.
Most camera will have blasted white area if you shoot at the sun. To compensate you have to use a flash to balance the light.
The eyes are not in focus, and the contrast needs to be boosted.
Composition wise, it is well balanced and you have a good subject, the straw in the hair is barely visible, but yes it is distracting to me and would remove it.
Still a good souvenir and a cute little farmer!
 
I don't know what I'm talking about regarding portraits, so I can only tell you what I think. I'd get rid of a lot of the tractor, especially the battery, and leave just enough hint to know it's a tractor. Maybe some one here can do something with the back lighting, but afraid it's beyond me. I'm thinking something like this..
View attachment 38889
 
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input! I want the battery gone but I like the cool tractor. I will have to get her back up there to try again. Case.. Deere.. no idea what the difference is, maybe the deere would improve the photo :)
 
Mehhh... it's a Case.

;)

Exactly...Nothing runs like a Deere

Bite your tongue old man.. them things is green; how can you work with equipment that isn't even ripe yet?????

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input! I want the battery gone but I like the cool tractor. I will have to get her back up there to try again. Case.. Deere.. no idea what the difference is, maybe the deere would improve the photo :)
:grumpy:
 
Mehhh... it's a Case.

;)

Exactly...Nothing runs like a Deere

Bite your tongue old man.. them things is green; how can you work with equipment that isn't even ripe yet?????

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input! I want the battery gone but I like the cool tractor. I will have to get her back up there to try again. Case.. Deere.. no idea what the difference is, maybe the deere would improve the photo :)
:grumpy:

Hey, our farm is surrounded by red. Unfortunely, those tractors all learned that red means stop and it seems they all aim to comply. Now we all know what green stands for
 
Dont make sad faces at me, I dont know the difference!! With the flash, would the regular flash on my camera be sufficiant? or was the comment meaning to use the off camera flash?
 
It's useful, but not crucial, to use flash.
Learn how to expose for the face.
The problem of any face in deep shade is the lack of shadowing to define the features and the texture. A badly used flash, particularly on-camera will blast that detail and shadow away also.


Crop to the important elements. Get her off centre
The wheel is important to the story of the picture so put her on one third and the wheel on the otehr.

$farm_zps7ee1274clll.webp
 
I was feeling that way about the flash as well. Which is why I was afraid to use it... The lighting looks a lot nicer, thanks. Do you think keeping the picture as wide as I had it was too distracting from the main focus of the photo? or should it be cropped because of the lighting and lack of sharpness/ focus on her face?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom