On the Fence - Your C&C desired

Her pose seems awkward and uncomfortable, and given that she's so tall and slender it feels to me like she's trying to hide that. Additionally, the wide, white area in the background is a bit distracting. While it might be rather boring, I'd like to see her leaning against the post with a bit of a curve to her figure.

Her pose seems awkward and uncomfortable, and given that she's so tall and slender it feels to me like she's trying to hide that. Additionally, the wide, white area in the background is a bit distracting. While it might be rather boring, I'd like to see her leaning against the post with a bit of a curve to her figure.

Thank you. Actually she's like 5' 4" but she does give off that long look pretty well.

Ya, she has that look and this not distorted. Shot at 135mm...she just looks long legged

I'm sorry, I have to agree with tirediron. The clothes say sexy, the pose says uncertain. Shooting her straight on makes her look wider, along with the fact that her arms are both pressed against her sides. Her thigh is pressed against the fence in such a way that it's become distorted and has an extra roll popping out.

With figures like hers, it's best to try to create negative space between her arms and her body. When you pull the arms away, you suddenly see the gorgeous hourglass that's hidden now. Try to get the arms asymmetrical, one resting higher than the other, creating two different shapes. She could also be at more of an angle to the camera, with one shoulder higher than the other, which will create more feminine lines. As for the legs, I'm really not a fan of crotch shots. I think it would have been better to bring her left leg up and back and rest it against the post, which would eliminate the roll and make it look intentional rather than dangling.

She's gorgeous, it's just that the pose needs to look less accidental. Beautiful work with everything technical, though. Colors, focus, exposure, all looks amazing.

Looks like the fence is leaning and she's trying to perch there and not fall off! lol And those two portions of hair across her eyes needed to be out of her face, those are making me nuts - it makes me feel the way I do when it's breezy and I'm trying to get the hair out of my eyes. But from a photography perspective, it makes for lines across her face that just seem like visual distractions. I know, tousled breeze blown hair is a look, but it seems like it needs to be arranged to get the look so it works (that fine blond hair can be tricky).

Actually, I like it. There are some things I'd tweak about it. Her right leg stabilizes her but it would be much better if instead of that calf being vertical, it was at an angle (aligned with her left leg, establishing more of a diagonal in the shot and with the two calves on the same angle/plane). The white blur (fence?) in the background is a bit distracting and if it was less obvious, that would be good. And while I love windblown hair and the affect it creates, I'd like it if it was off more to the side rather than obscuring part of her face. That said, I like the fact that she has an uncomfortable look to the pose, as if she's growing in to her own body, aware she's sexually attractive yet feeling kind of shy or awkward about it. It goes well with the clothing (which simultaneously screams out "I'm sexy as hell" and "I'm just the girl next door on the farm, I dress like this all the time to go slop the pigs, just a farmer's daughter--that's me alright!"). I like, no, love, the model. I like the concept and you've done a decent job executing it. Yes, it's got an awkward feel to the model but to me, that's part of the charm...it's of a woman who doesn't appear to be dressed up (not glamour, not heels, not obvious makeup) who looks hot yet isn't quite sure how comfortable she is about that. A few small tweaks to the photo (right calf, some misplaced hair, the white background) and I'd love it.

Finally, I've just gotta say that given the pose and your uncertainty about how you feel about it, I love the caption...very clever.

Joe nailed my desired impression but I can see it needed a bit more work. It was cold, very cold and wet and quite uncomfortable for us both, and it shows.

I appreciate all the comments, thanks for taking your time to reply!

It's all the about the pose. Straddling the top rail is not a good pose for a female, and she looks (as was already written) uncomfortable.

Add to that the wisp of hair across one eye, and it's just not a shot you should keep, IMO.

Any other shots from this session?

If there is one thing in life I know about, it is getting past a fence! I have been going over, under, and through farm fences my whole life. And this looks like she is trying to climb over and she is not going to make it! LOL
She either needs to be posing by swinging one leg over the fence (like she is getting on a horse), so it looks like she is going over. Or sitting on the fence with both legs on the same side, which she will be taking a chance of falling off, but that is what makes setting on fences fun! :)
She could also just lean against the fence, but that may make her look short, if she isn't very tall.

This model needs to fold in the middle because she is way too thin to stand up tall.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back