Photos OK to edit
Your C&C Please

5276979805_ab95f6b027_b.jpg

5276976961_e09f1b6a54_b.jpg

5276981341_a53ec45604_b.jpg

5277021615_b5e14e68be_b.jpg

5276978507_6c17cb4d17_b.jpg

Regards :D

I really like them! :) the lack of response bugs me, too. especially because this forum has so much traffic.
I like 2 the best.

Although I don't like the sepia color, I think #1 is the best :)

C&C As requested...

#1 I'm most bothered by the direct-center composition creating a very static image, particularly because the guy is looking off to the side. Also, I'm expecting the silhouette to be black, but it's actually a darker tone of the rest of the image. A simple levels adjustment will fix this.

#2 I like the scene, but I don't like the composition: shot at eye level, no interesting foreground. If you have access to this scene again, try getting much closer to a boat, perhaps directly over it, or in it, letting it's lines lead into the rest of the boats and even further into the background. That would create interest. Also, the horizon appears to be tilted just a touch to the right.

#3 A more interesting shot... the unusual viewpoint and the strong red color of his jacket contrasting with the rest of the muted scene are nice. What is causing the vignetting in the left third of the photo? It's distracting and I would recommend working to correct it. This can be done relatively easy in RAW.

#4 Strong colors, but some of the right side boats are getting lost against the business of the trees. Also, the composition is uninteresting to me. The entire bottom half of the image is water. I see you may have been trying to include the reflections, but they are not strong enough to include as a major composition element here. The elements are the shape and colors of the boats.

#5 Except for the tilted horizon, I like this composition. You have two boats almost mirroring each other, but at different sizes, giving great depth perception. You were also careful not to allow them to overlap with each other or the background. The only problem I have is there seems to be some very bad CA or softness around the individual driving the boat. If it's CA, it can be easily fixed in RAW and would really help this image.

WOW,

That is a great deal of help you performed; thank you a lot for making so much of detailed analysis...... I was going through those images again to see all your analyses were very critically valid.

Regards and More :D

Most reactions

Back