On the road

"Driving Thru Time"

drivingthrutime.JPG

Shark said:
Snagged this on the way to school.
Nice one John! The upward angle really gives it a different feel to it. There have been many times I wished I had my camera with me while I was driving...

Here's one of the road leading to one of my favourite rows of trees, taken with the Leica and the Summicron 35mm on some cheap Fuji film

leicafarbe11100617.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

All these were taken in Northern Alasksa on the John B Dalton Highway which is the only north / south supply route between the oil fields and civilization. Most of these pictures were taken in the tundra north of the Brooks Range where no trees grow (there is no ocean in the third pic). All the pictures were taken between 11pm and 2 am on 20/21 July. My friend is a trucker and I rode along for the 1,000 mile journey down a dirt road. I used a Sony Cybershot digital camera that I got for $100. I don't know anything about photography but I am very interested in learning more considering where I live and the great photo opportunities that are all around this place. Does anyone know a cheap camera that can make pictures justify the size of mountains? The mountains in the pics I took look tiny compared to what they really were. I constantly found myself having to look for other semi trucks to put in the pics to justify the size of a mountain or the magnitude of a valley.

Last edited:
I was out for lunch and I noticed heavy dark smoke in the sky. I stopped at the light and saw (nosey) :wink: people standing around the gas station. As I turned, I got to shoot what was causing the smoke and the backed up traffic.

Excuse the quality, it was taken with my cellphone cam.

07-25-08_1106-1.jpg

07-25-08_1107-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back