Once Upon a Welsh Hill

Lovely! Great texture and lines with the trees and hills in the first one. The second one - maybe just a touch more contrast or a half a bump in color saturation? I like it but it feels like a great plate of food that needs just a shake or two of salt to make it just right.

Lovely! Great texture and lines with the trees and hills in the first one. The second one - maybe just a touch more contrast or a half a bump in color saturation? I like it but it feels like a great plate of food that needs just a shake or two of salt to make it just right.

Ah, that's the difference between 200 and 400 Kodak film. That, and the price!

I looked at the tags on the Flickr page - I'm not sure if the Farbwelt is the equivalent to the Gold or the Ultra Max (I've never seen Farbwelt in the States.) It's always funny to me that the same emulsion can be so different across ISO ratings.

Edited: Btw, the black background seems to have provided that dash of salt. The colors pop a lot more on the Flickr page!

Yes, a black field makes quite a difference. Farbwelt was produced for the German market and has now been replaced by Gold in the 200 rating and Ultra Max in the 400. Farbwelt 400 was my favourite colour film but I also really like Ultra Max. The freezer is well stocked with Farbwelt 200 (it was available in very well priced multi-packs) so I haven't switched to Gold yet: I estimate I have enough stock for at least 2, possibly 3 years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back