One B&W Car shot

clbd39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Decided to try a new place, it's sort of like an alley way and it's hard to get the light right without it being harsh, I think i may try to spot again this weekend... none the less here's the car in wintermode

I also had to darken the wall on the left, it's white, it was in the direct sun and was too damn bright, so if it looks funny, i did it out of courtesy to not blind you ;)

DSC_0065sm.jpg

Boring and dull.

Screwing up the exposure cant always be fixed in photo shop. You blew out the wall so when you darkened it in PS you couldnt bring back any detail, you could just make it light gray. Background is busy and ugly too. Not to many good things goin on here besides the subaru

I agree with all that. The wall is too blown out and the stuff in the backround is distracting. Other than that I like it.

I agree with all that. The wall is too blown out and the stuff in the backround is distracting. Other than that I like it.

Nice subi, boring picture. Have to have way more contrast to make the picture interesting. If the wall was even brighter white it would look even worse I think.

Try a place with something going on. Not necessarily a market or something but at least something more than a blank white wall. A reason people use parking garages so often is because they give the picture some definition.

As said above, I found there was too much negative space in this picture, and what was there was very unappealing.

In terms of the car itself, when I see a B&W picture, I want to see something that pops out, such as interesting textures, lines, shadows, geometric patterns, etc. A black car with black rims and tint photographed in what seems to be midday sun just comes across as a black blob. There are some highlights on the hood that are bordering on interesting, but other than that it's just really not that appealing.

Thanks for the tips!

Yea I was just anxious to salvage one picture lol, I took them all in RAW and bracketed so i have over/under exposed versions of all that I have but this was the only one i really salvaged from the location

I think this place will be good when I get my umbrella set for some night photos, unfortunately it's going to be hard to get natural light correctly here :(

I didn't think the background was too much of a problem but after the comments, you all persuaded me lol, it's horrible and distracting!

Hopefully I can get something better down there soon!

Thanks all!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back