What's new

One Big Balloon

Anubis

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
285
Reaction score
0
Location
Sunny Scotland
balloon1_mansell2007.jpg
 
That's a great shot and one you don't see very often. Nice job.
 
Nice! The only (little) thing that's bothering me is the lower right corner (what is that?). But a crop would be difficult (you would lose the person).
But it's a good and colourful pic!





pascal
 
It is part of a heat shield, I was hoping the fact that there are so many different coloured panels would mask it.
 
You could always clone paint over that little obstruction.
 
I don't like to make any changes like that to my images, the only things I will change are brightness, contrast and cropping. I have been reading into this a lot today (the ethics of editing photos) and I've decided to go with the changes acceptable to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition (Rule 3: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/wpy-entry/Rules.jsp) since I hope one day to enter it.

I will just put it down to experience and remember to pay more attention to all corners of my view finder in future.

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's views on this subject!

P.S. Using Photoshop is a large part of my job, and I do like to try different effects on my images and generally messing around with it at home, but if do put them online (if I ever finish re-designing my site) they will be in a separate gallery and not included as part of my photography.
 
Nice picture; wonderful colors. Looks like the man in the balloon is doing a Scottish dance... :P

Good work and good luck when you enter the Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom