One down...

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I had fun. My first senior shoot went better than expected. Emily (the senior) was a little hard to work with at first but s l o w l y came around. She had the "I'm doing this because my mother wants me too" attitude and it wasn't easy to get her to change.

1. I'm thinking I should remove the road behind her and OMG she has no foot! lol... But I like the rest of the shot enough to keep it.
4876118643_4e30a4800b_z.jpg

4876090311_992834fd77_z.jpg

4876086275_f0826fb681_z.jpg

4876092121_0b2d287a22_z.jpg

4876704340_5cb6f4667b_z.jpg

4876706086_5afb9e87d4_z.jpg

I have a lot more to get ready, but this was a start. I am going to do a test print today to see how they do. I have a feeling I went a little far with the "vibrant" tool in LR3 but we'll see.

like the pics except she just does not look happy to be there like you said...she looks like she is forcing that smile :greenpbl:

Glad to hear it went well and even better than you had expected!

There's something weird going on with her arm in 2, check it out. Easy to remedy.

I'm not happy with her footwear in the fifth photo, like in the one before, or in 3, much rather, I'd have preferred for her to be barefoot, as the flower field and the flower in her hair give an idea of ease and lightness, and the shoes look so heavy and dark and big in comparison.

And she looks YOUNG to be a senior! Is she a particularly young senior?

I like #3 the best but I wish it was not as cheesy with the pose. But the background and the tree is golden.

I like the first and third ones.

The first one I'd like to see her more straight on, with the violin out to the side. It looks pretty awkward because that's not where your face is pointing when playing a violin.

Wouldn't change anything in the third one.

1:thumbup:
2.Her arm.. like black smudges on it. Can be fixed in pp.
3.Love the fence and tree.. the composition is great. the flower in the books is a nice touch.
4.There is a TINY little white spec...right below her flower... kind of eh... but no biggy.
5.Hate her shoes. lol I agree with ^, barefoot would have worked better.. or different shoes. *BUT* Then again, who am i to judge her shoes. HER pictures. Her Shoes. Her style. :) So as long as shes happy.
6. Really good job with the signs, and composition. the only nitpick i have is that the flower on the far left seems to be dying and shriveled.

I do agree that she looks forced, and not happy to be there. Perhaps that may be her personality. Some people are not super perky in pictures.

However, i think you did an AMAZING job on your first senior shoot! Good job and thanks for sharing. :)

5.Hate her shoes. lol I agree with ^, barefoot would have worked better.. or different shoes. *BUT* Then again, who am i to judge her shoes. HER pictures. Her Shoes. Her style. :) So as long as shes happy.

However, i think you did an AMAZING job on your first senior shoot! Good job and thanks for sharing. :)

The very first thing I noticed was her shoes. >.< Ack!

I agree you did a wonderful job! I like the one with the books the most even though she looks horribly cheesy.

Nice start! :thumbup:

#2, however... her skin tone looks... blue? Is that what I'm trying to say? Like... unnaturally pale. She's obviously not a tan girl by nature, but I'd say there's a bit of a color cast happening there in that shot... at the very least her skin needs to be warmed up a bit.

I agree completely. She looks anemic.

Otherwise, I like this set = especially the colors. very vibrant!

i dont like the way she has her head tilted down in the second one. It gives her a double chin or chin roll. No girl wants a chin roll or a double chin ;) The no foot in the first one cracked me up but i really liked the rest of them!

Most reactions

Back