One for C&C

Terry Leach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am in need of some C&C on this one. What am I missing here? What could I or should I have done differently? I done this at a clients request and lucky for me they liked it. Because I feel like it has some issues.

Adjournedcopycopy.jpg

It's listing to starboard.

Shooting even wider, and some perspective correction, would be helpful.

(shooting wider to compensate for loss from correction)

I like the composition you were going for, but the processing is killing it.
Care to post the original?

I like my shots tight like that (straight lines are straight), while others like it loose, showing that leaning backwards impression.

In my opinion, I think corrected for perspective, you framed a really solid image. I turned the brightness down on the image in the first post, but I didn't have to rotate it, contrary to Sparkies falling for an optical illusion.

I nearly always frame my shots wider than I need, by just a little to have room for corrections and cropping. That window on the left is too close to the edge as it is, and leaves no room for correction without the window bleeding off the frame.

Can you reshoot this? In RAW, and with Auto WB at least, or Custom WB, and just a little bit wider.

I like my shots tight like that (straight lines are straight), while others like it loose, showing that leaning backwards impression.

In my opinion, I think corrected for perspective, you framed a really solid image. I turned the brightness down on the image in the first post, but I didn't have to rotate it, contrary to Sparkies falling for an optical illusion.

I nearly always frame my shots wider than I need, by just a little to have room for corrections and cropping. That window on the left is too close to the edge as it is, and leaves no room for correction without the window bleeding off the frame.

Can you reshoot this? In RAW, and with Auto WB at least, or Custom WB, and just a little bit wider.
Yes, I will re-shoot this. I will be in back in the area in a couple weeks. The more I look at it, the I feel the need to capture a better image of this old church before it falls in. The outside is almost completely grown over.

Yes, I will re-shoot this. I will be in back in the area in a couple weeks. The more I look at it, the I feel the need to capture a better image of this old church before it falls in. The outside is almost completely grown over.

If you have the time, shoot HDR images and try a set with the camera higher.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back