Vtec44

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
_D757181.JPG

Your photos always have beautiful people. I can't help but wonder if that would hold true with a less experienced photographer. Another great example.

Your photos always have beautiful people. I can't help but wonder if that would hold true with a less experienced photographer. Another great example.

Strangely most of my clients tell me that they're not photogenic and simply awkward.

@Vtec44 the definition of Elopement refers to a marriage conducted in sudden and secretive fashion, usually involving a hurried flight away from one's place of residence together with one's beloved with the intention of getting married.

I would question what part was hurried (they're both in wedding attire), they told you where they were in the woods (not very secretive), and I don't see a preacher or justice of the peace (not much intent). Unless, you're moonlighting? :biglaugh:

As always very well done!!!

@Vtec44 the definition of Elopement refers to a marriage conducted in sudden and secretive fashion, usually involving a hurried flight away from one's place of residence together with one's beloved with the intention of getting married.

I would question what part was hurried (they're both in wedding attire), they told you where they were in the woods (not very secretive), and I don't see a preacher or justice of the peace (not much intent). Unless, you're moonlighting? :biglaugh:

As always very well done!!!

They did the ceremony and we went around the forest for photos. I generally don't share photos from wedding ceremonies. :)

Beautiful! Your greens always look very good. How do you handle the green cast on the subjects or the dress?

He's there with his hands in his pocket, doesn't look too interested in the kiss. When I try to see the image a little larger focus look soft through out.

He's there with his hands in his pocket, doesn't look too interested in the kiss. When I try to see the image a little larger focus look soft through out.

After a while of married life he'll find his pockets are empty:allteeth:

Just curious if you have thought about placing a pinch of diffusion in an adjustment layer to give them just a bit of softness and add a bit more of a romantic feel? I love the lighting and the pose, but the focus seems a bit too sharp. Just my opinion and suggestion, and your mileage may vary.

Be well, one and all.

Mark

He's there with his hands in his pocket, doesn't look too interested in the kiss.
More likely he doesn't feel comfortable letting his hand hang loosely, and the posing here involves him not reaching across the bride to embrace her, or even rest a hand on her shoulder. Back in the days my husband and I shot weddings, people floundering about with their hands was a common issue. She has the advantage of a prop (the bouquet), which is used in a lovely way as an extension of her arm, while he felt more comfortable with his hand in a pocket. There is very little that feels natural to these folks at this moment, of course, so it's generally wise to let them do these small things if it helps them relax.

I love the lighting and the pose, but the focus seems a bit too sharp.
Given the distance, I think it's a good call to keep the subjects sharper. What softens it for me is the deliberate allowance of the sun in the background, allowing the rays to naturally diffuse the whole scene. It turns it into a kind of fairyland - perfect for a wedding shot.

Just my two cents, of course. :) Great job, Vtec!

I love the lighting and the pose, but the focus seems a bit too sharp.
Given the distance, I think it's a good call to keep the subjects sharper. What softens it for me is the deliberate allowance of the sun in the background, allowing the rays to naturally diffuse the whole scene. It turns it into a kind of fairyland - perfect for a wedding shot.

Just my two cents, of course. :) Great job, Vtec!

And I suppose this is why I suck at wedding photography... :) I had never really considered it from that perspective. Points well taken.

Most reactions

Back