One from warmer times

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a Cabbage White butterfly, very common in all area's of the UK. :) This one was in my garden

Sony a7Riv + Sony 90mm f2.8 macro lens- This lens is amazing and captures detail extremely well

f8 - 1/250th sec ISO 100 Hand held shot

pj32ZQF.jpg

Les :)

Last edited:
It's my belief that no matter how good your gear is you won't take a good picture with it hand held if you can't hold still enough but yes, 'good glass' can make a difference when the lens is held still. Nice capture, Bud, nice detail on the eyes and it's a pretty lil thing.

Very nicely done! I think good glass helps, but at the end of the day, the Person holding the glass makes the difference.

Totally not true. Good gear only makes life simpler it doesn't capture great images by it's self.
Thank you John- nice of you to say :)
It's my belief that no matter how good your gear is you won't take a good picture with it hand held if you can't hold still enough but yes, 'good glass' can make a difference when the lens is held still. Nice capture, Bud, nice detail on the eyes and it's a pretty lil thing.
Cheers Kirk- I do have a steady hand
Nice shot bit noisy though
Where is it noisy ???/ and for comparison, lets see one of yours, may we? I note no-one else mentioned this noise!!!!
Very nicely done! I think good glass helps, but at the end of the day, the Person holding the glass makes the difference.
Thank you Jeff- comments appreciated :)

Les :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back