one (good) photo for C&C

Care to post a pre-edit shot?

The cutout filter is kinda fun, not sure if it works with the dog though. It did make the grass look cool I think, like a camo print or something. The border makes it look like the dog is sitting on a piece of floating grass that broke away and went out to space..

Here's one I did with a cutout filter: http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o397/rezmap83/ponylightscutout.jpg

I think it works somewhat because the emblem stands out.

I like rez's picture. Looks very comic book-ish.

Sorry but this excessive post processing does nothing for me. It's just wayyyyy too much. And the border, I don't even know....

I will critique you on one thing that doesn't regard PP, composition. Subject is cenered in the middle of a frame which has way too much free space in it, especially for a centered shot.

er111111a, do yourself and everyone a favor.

Everytime you post an image with heavy processing, you need to explain what you hoped to achieve with it. You have to tell everyone why you think it works. You need to think about why you are using a cutout frame. What does it add? What feel does it give? Does it make the image BETTER, or at least more interesting? If you can't answer why you are doing things, then you need to take a step back. If you do them just because the filters are there, or just to experiment, fine. You still need to understand why things work, when they work, and how far is too far.

Can you do that?
Please?

Your cut out border here, makes me thing of things like "the wild west" and burnt edge maps. Cave man drawings on animal hide. What else goes with those things? Sepia tone. How does that corelate to the dog? Hmmm? Can you answer that?

He does bitter. When asked, he says .. "It tells a story..."

Way to go!!! This is a great shot!!! I love the PP!!!

Edit: Sorry, thought I was posting on another thread... This sucks!

Edit: You know, I looked at the shot again and I don't see anything wrong with it. A little heavy on the pp and the frame is harsh but the shot looks ok.

Most reactions

Back