One natural lighting pic of infant for c&c

spudgunr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We are on vacation and today has been rainy so I was just messing around. I've done a lot of pics with flash, but I wanted to do some natural light pics today. Didnt get many done, but ended up with one decent one I think.

F/1.8, ISO 200, 1/40th sec (I think) 35mm, only editing was cropping and adding text.

caminflorida.jpg

Pretty good for 1/40th. IS?

Wow, that's pretty amazing that you were able to focus at all at 1/40 with an infant. I shoot mostly children and I find ANYTHING under 1/60 has questionable focus. I try to make it a rule of thumb to stick with closer to 1/100 (of course this is hard with low light situations). Anyway, nice picture. Cute little guy!

Nope, no IS. This was done on a nikon d60 with the new 35mm 1.8. I am well aware how hard it is to get it in focus at less than 1/60th. Heck, with him 1/60th isnt normally fast enough! I got lucky and he was in a calm mood for a couple minutes. All the ones after this were deleted, he got hyper and crawled too fast.

Good work then. I know what you mean with kids moving around too fast. With my daughter (18 months), it's hard just to compose my shot - let alone focus - before she moves.

Most reactions

Back