One sad little girl.

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am cruel for shoving a camera in her face. This is a bit of an older image, just wanted to rework it in b/w. Opinions on the conversion? I was going for a more dramatic b/w. Grain added in post processing for mood. I know this is nothing like her work really, but this almost has a slight Sally Mann feel to me to those of you that know her work... and no debate please on what you think of it in this thread if you do know it :p Unless of course you're a big Sally Mann fan like me! Then feel free to speak up... haha I'm kidding...

Thanks for looking. (Sorry the tag is distracting)

4pw8bqs.png

Sallie Mann is alright. the nudes of her children are a little sketchy, but she's done some beautiful work.

Yeah I think she goes a bit too far sometimes :) But I love her work. And it actually is spelled Sally btw. No opinion on the piece posted?

You big meany!!!

LOL just kidding. ;) I love it. Hey, children cry. Why not capture that emotion as well.

Thanks :) I haven't commented on your photos recently (i mostly dont post here on TPF) but I wanted to say that you've come a long way, especially with pping. Do you post elsewhere too...?

Thanks :) I haven't commented on your photos recently (i mostly dont post here on TPF) but I wanted to say that you've come a long way, especially with pping. Do you post elsewhere too...?

Nope this is the only place I know. Home sweet home I guess. LOL
And thanks on the comment about coming a long way... I'm trying. And then once I get photoshop I'll be even busier working at this.
My husband will like you the least because you provided a link to the cross processing that I have been trying to figure out on my own. I only have the editing program that came with my camera so the cross isn't possible for me yet but I can't wait to be able to!!!! :lovey:

Yeah I think she goes a bit too far sometimes :) But I love her work. And it actually is spelled Sally btw. No opinion on the piece posted?

whoops, my fault! :oops:

At least I didn't call her Becky, last time I called a woman Becky, I got slapped in the face! :confused:

This is great, it has definately captured strong emotions and the gritty look of the picture really emphasises it. :D

Deano

Thanks so much everyone! :) Appreciate the feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back