One wildlife pic for C&C, pre and post processing

ecnal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lancewilkinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this one today. I was playing with Photoshop and Photomatix (which I really do not know how to use). I like it better in a way preprocessing, but let me know your opinions on it.

Original (with a few minor touchups)

52fHJ.jpg

PP

RCrWC.jpg

Like I said, C&C welcomed!

I think the pre-proccessed image conveys the soft texture of the bird more. The processing seems to have made the textures look a bit more rough. However I like both shots. I cant seem to get any good shots when aiming at an animal ><

DoF is too shallow for me

There is a secret to it, my friend. Cracked corn.

The baby swans eat out of your hand. Though the parents get pissed about it! But I get alot of good shots of ducks, geese and swans by feeding them.

The crop of the image seems a bit of, the bottom of the frame looks more cut off then the top, if that is all you have at the bottom consider cutting some more off the top.

How close were you too the bird? I have taken shots of geese and ducks before, and they are some visicous creatures!

DWHJR

I prefer the original, preprocessed photo. The color and texture show much better in the original photo. The soft, gray color appears to be more natural.

the pre-processed one looks better, it seems more real to me.
clear.gif

I like the second one ,the colors draw me in more,(i.e.) it pops.May not be as close to the real colors of the duck,but with the two side by side my eye and attention returns to number two. My question to all,in wildlife photography, is true-to -life colors as important as a pix that holds your attention? I don't know?

The DOF was a bit shallow for me. But it's hard to set up a shot with them all moving around and such. I only had my 55-200 with me too, I wish I had something shorter.

It was on P mode and I was just firing away. I'll post a few more shots that I got tomorrow. I have some nice closeups of the parents.

Most reactions

Back