Opening new threads

PhotoriousMe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I open a new thread that I have never opened before it opens to the last post or even the last page of the thread. I would like it to open to the beginning of the thread when first opened. Is there a setting some where. Thanks.

Dave

Yeah, I and others griped about that when they "Upgraded" to this cheesy software. Nothing was ever done about it then so I wouldn't hold my breath about them fixing it now.

Odd it never does this for me - I did check user settings as I'd assume there's a setting in there but I couldn't spot a setting to change it.

Yeah it's pretty irritating - it's like opening a book and finding out the ending before you've read the rest. I can't find a setting for it either :(

They always open from the last place I have read so if I'm on post 32 next time I open it'll take me to 33 no matter how many more posts there are. If I haven't read the thread it opens on post one.
I would check the settings and see if something is checked that could affect this.

For me, I use Chrome, and regardless of whether I've read the post or not, it takes me to the final page an final post.

odd. I use Chrome too and it takes me to the last place I've read. If a new thread it opens on page 1, post 1.

Well, I figured out MY issue I think. It was user error.

When I'm done reading, I mark all forums as read.

This means that I go to the end of everything lol

When I open a new thread that I have never opened before it opens to the last post or even the last page of the thread. I would like it to open to the beginning of the thread when first opened. Is there a setting some where. Thanks.

Dave
How are you approaching the thread? I've not had this issue, so I thought I'd see if I could force it to go to the last page by trying different approaches. From Active Topics, I looked for a thread that had multiple pages, and selected the thread by title. I was taken to the first page. Then I opened the main forum page, went to various sub-forums and did the same thing, with the same result. Just clicking on the thread title took me to the first page both times, and neither was a thread I'd opened already.

I'm using Firefox, btw. Have you tried different browsers with the same result?

I click on New Topics first then just click on various thread titles that look like they interest me. I also use Fire Fox.
As another has stated I think it may be because usually when I'm done browsing the forum I click on Mark All Posts Read.

Dave

...As another has stated I think it may be because usually when I'm done browsing the forum I click on Mark All Posts Read.
That's probably your problem.
Try not to do that and see what happens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back