Opinion requested: Which pic to choose for the website among the two?

Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or should I choose one at all? Took this shot very early in the morning, and the results seemed decent enough to me. Edited it in two ways, the first one I just tried to bring out the natural clouds, and the second one I played around a bit more. Which one looks better to you guys?

And for #2, although I was going for that darker look, do you guys think it's a tad bit underexposed? C&C welcome as well.

IMG_7887-3_zpsd367159a.jpg

14095174064_99c4de6de9_c.jpg

Last edited:
Most definitely the second. MUCH more dramatic, much less cliché. Plus the first is pretty much just a ton of blown out sky.

Number 2 for me, by far and yes, I would lighten it a bit. Here's my version. The difference is subtle and of course it is simply a matter of preference, not necessarily better. :er: Lee

Original

14095174064_99c4de6de9_c.jpg

edit

$Untitled-2 copy.jpg

I prefer the second photo its nice and moody.

Most definitely the second. MUCH more dramatic, much less cliché. Plus the first is pretty much just a ton of blown out sky.

That about sums it up, I think I'll go with the second too, unless someone gives an overwhelmingly good reason not to. Thanks wise rabbit :lol:

Number two it is Raj ;) Very nice and powerful shot IMO.

All the best Raj.

Danny.

Number 2 for me, by far and yes, I would lighten it a bit. Here's my version. The difference is subtle and of course it is simply a matter of preference, not necessarily better. :er: Lee

Thanks a lot Lee, your edit does look a lot better to me. Did you change anything other than the exposure?

Thanks a lot Lee, your edit does look a lot better to me. Did you change anything other than the exposure?

Trying to remember! If recall, I just hit the auto levels, liked that, then just upped the shadows a tad, but upping the exposure would probably have the same effect. The original is just fine, in a way it may be more dramatic. As I said, no better or worse, just subjective preference. Lee

Most reactions

New Topics

Back