Opinions on Photo's

Jeffro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am trying to pic a couple of pictures to enter into a small in house contest with the photo society I just joined. There is only about 40 members but 20 have been doing the monthly in house competition for years now. It will be the first I show to them and I cant decide. I will post just a couple at a time but I have brought it down to about 10. I wont show them all yet.

OK CHANGE OF PLANS 1st and 3rd are straight out the Camera..... 2nd and 4th have been edited a little using PHOTOBUCKET Stuff. I am working with all four in Elements now!

Opinions Please!!!! What thoughts do you think of each picture

C&C welcome too!

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0197-1.jpg

DSC_0201-1.jpg

DSC_0177-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok now I have the pictures that I want up top!!! Opinions on the photo's please! Thanks in advance. You can C&C Technical stuff after you give an opinion about the shot first!!! Thanks

Aww man I was just finished looking at your two images when u removed one and added 3 more, so I won't comment on the other 3 for now :greenpbl: I really like #1 where was this taken ?

Lake Martin Louisiana at 530 am. I did not mean to post the flowers but these are the four I wanted! More comments please.

On the 1st one I want to straighten the horizon and crop it a little. Working on it now

for some reason I don't see these being straight from the camera... what settings did you use?

U Caught me.... I did put them on photobucket straight out the camera but I did edit the 2nd and 4th one in phototbucket cause they were dark. I am working with elements now to adjust them and crop them some more

The third was with flash

I can get the settings out of elements and post them if you like!

Number 1 is good, take out some of the blue. Keep the other trees. Don't like the above edit^.

Number 2 and 3 are way too busy, your eye goes everywhere. #2 you might be able to crop some of the grass in front out.

Number 4 is ok.

Maybe try some in B&W.

Last edited:
Just noticed that the TOP very first pic is not the one I edited just now... It is about the same shot but I took about 20 of them!!! LOL but I am sure yall get the idea.! Anyother opinions on the edit?

your crop of #1 is a terrible crop, and not a standard photo size.. so it will not print right...

i would stick with the original #1 (in your OP) but just take a SLIGHT amount of the tree on the right side out (the tree that you can only see a tiny bit of its branches) i wouldnt crop it out though.. i'd clone it.. I'd show you what i mean, but your profile says not to edit your photos.

this shouldnt be considered an edit, as its not.. i just want to show you the part i think you should clone..

20090915-pky235pc3g58kppt2tn782ruqb.jpg

lakemartin1a.jpg

Let me know what you think

Ok what about the other pictures or should I look at some others. I know I want number 1 in the running so I might let it compete against a couple of others!

...and not a standard photo size.. so it will not print right...
One shouldn't be afraid to crop for the composition rather than a "standard" photo size. They print fine, and just need trimmed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back