Opinions on this photo edit please

Euphillia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This dog belongs to my boss. I took it, she loves it, but I told her I was going to edit it a bit before sending her to Wal-greens to blow it so she can frame it.

this is the original photo

IMG_0438.jpg

This is the edit.....I don't know what to do with the basket, I think its a distraction, this is the first photo I have edited in PSE 8....

Sheaedit1.jpg

What do you think?

As in retake a whole new photo or re edit? And if you are going to be blunt how about explain what you would edit?

I am not asking for CC on the photo as I can CLEARLY see it is a snap shot, my boss just likes it.

What changes did you make? I notice the cloning out of the hair around the mouth and the increase of saturation ( mainly the reds. ) Personally, I would have tried to just lighten those hairs around the face so they didn't appear as dirty, because I think it really adds character to that dog. Also, I think the increase in saturation really increased the pink around the eye which attracts the eye and sort of looks wierd. Also I think the floor could be backed off a little on the saturation ( mainly that patch to the top right. ) I like the picture though overall.

That dog has a face that ,"only a mother could love." I suppose the edit is a faithful or 'good' likeness of the pooch, and I do agree that removing the distracting background elements was a good idea,and worked out well. I'm glad it's not my dog...

What changes did you make? I notice the cloning out of the hair around the mouth and the increase of saturation ( mainly the reds. ) Personally, I would have tried to just lighten those hairs around the face so they didn't appear as dirty, because I think it really adds character to that dog. Also, I think the increase in saturation really increased the pink around the eye which attracts the eye and sort of looks wierd. Also I think the floor could be backed off a little on the saturation ( mainly that patch to the top right. ) I like the picture though overall.

Thank you for offering detail in your answer

Also, when cropping out to remove the background clutter, try cropping so that the dogs eye is closer to the rule of thirds.

ya not my fav breed. too much hair and just over all big messes

You went a little overboard on the contrast or exposure as the details in the nose were lost in the editted pic. I would also clone out the slobber in the dogs mouth. Its kinda ugly n gross if its gunna be blown up and framed.

As in retake a whole new photo or re edit? And if you are going to be blunt how about explain what you would edit?

I am not asking for CC on the photo as I can CLEARLY see it is a snap shot, my boss just likes it.

Sorry but i would not edit it, i would re shoot it, i shoot quite a few dog one i shot a while back
http://gsgary.smugmug.com/Animals/Sues-DeerHound/Image00018/667797129_fvmq5-L.jpg

Well thank you, but the question was not about the photo, it was about the edit .

IDK, I'm still learning and this pic is just a thing to learn on. Hows this?

sheaedit3.jpg

Sorry but i would not edit it, i would re shoot it, i shoot quite a few dog one i shot a while back
http://gsgary.smugmug.com/Animals/Sues-DeerHound/Image00018/667797129_fvmq5-L.jpg

Well thank you, but the question was not about the photo, it was about the edit .

Delete it

Oh well, I just sent it to my boss in an email. She shrieked with excitement. Best photo she actually has of the dog.

As long as she is happy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back