Ordering Help

montyb1990

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone,
Tomorrow morning right at opening I am ordering my new camera from B&H. Can you guys please let me know if I am forgetting anything in my order or if I am making a bad decision about something. I am a beginner photographer and I do not have anything at home, so I need absolutely everything that is needed to get started. Here is my cart:

1. D40 SLR Digital Camera Kit with 18-55mm & 55-200 VR Lenses
2. SanDisk 2GB Extreme III Secure Digital (SD) Card
3. General Brand 52mm Circular Polarizer Glass Filter
4. Impact ENEL9 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (Extra Battery)
5. Nikon Wireless Remote Control ML-L3 for D40

Thank you very very much for any input!
Monty:mrgreen:

I would say certainly with you getting a remote that a tripod would be needed. If you have the cash I would aim high and get a good model (a good one will stay with you for many many years) along with getting a head to go with the tripod.
A bag would be handy - but not overly essentail at this stage (once you have more than one lens though it becomes very desirable)
Lens cleaning kit is another good choice and they are often very cheap to get -
Card reader is another cheap item that can really help speed up downloading to a computer (and also means you don't have to open that flap on the camera) card readers do transfer data faster than cameras do as well.
AS for flaunting money -- you seen my purchasing thread Chris (first thread I posted ;))

flaunting money? The D40 is one of the cheapest DSLRs? i did not mean to be repulsive. Thank you guys very much for the input. As for the card reader, I have one built into my computer. Also, the camera comes with a bag. As for the tripod, I think I will buy one when I need one since they are not that much cheaper to purchase online.

Thanks again,
Monty

Most reactions

New Topics

Back