What's new

Organ Pipe Mud Dauber

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 28, 2008
Messages
6,631
Reaction score
2,588
Location
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a series of 7 pics of a wasp building it's nest.


1. Wasp coming with a mouthful of mud.

IMG_3643sm.jpg



2.

IMG_3652sm.jpg



3.

IMG_3655sm.jpg



4.

IMG_3658sm.jpg



5.

IMG_3662sm.jpg



6.

IMG_3667sm.jpg



7.

IMG_3689sm.jpg
 
Nice pics! I have some of those at my house just the daubers here don't do such a good technical job haha.
 
That's crazy! So interesting! Nice job. How did you get so close without getting stung? I would have used a tripod with a remote shutter from 10 feet away! lol
 
Wow. When you think about their size, that must really take a lot of work, even for a group of them, to build one of those nests. Nice series.
 
That's crazy! So interesting! Nice job. How did you get so close without getting stung? I would have used a tripod with a remote shutter from 10 feet away! lol


They are not aggressive wasps or I would have to do something about them nesting on the basement door. Here is the set-up I used:


P1000468sm.jpg



The camera is on external power so it does not auto-shut-down & cancel my setting for continuous shooting. When a wasp appears I press the shutter & let it run. What you see here is a small fraction of the shots as the difference between them is negligible.
 
That's crazy! So interesting! Nice job. How did you get so close without getting stung? I would have used a tripod with a remote shutter from 10 feet away! lol


They are not aggressive wasps or I would have to do something about them nesting on the basement door. Here is the set-up I used:


P1000468sm.jpg



The camera is on external power so it does not auto-shut-down & cancel my setting for continuous shooting. When a wasp appears I press the shutter & let it run. What you see here is a small fraction of the shots as the difference between them is negligible.
Ya that's why i would prefer a mud dauber home anytime because they don't attack and sting which i'm glad about because there are a lot out here.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom