TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking outside.
130374870-L.jpg

Hiya Snuffy and Oscar.
Welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D
So your Oscar likes to do the same as my Mia does? Jumping onto the table to be able to observe everything that goes on outside? Nice moment ... this photo could become even stronger if you cropped it a bit further. For right now composition is a bit ... boring, what with Oscar right in the centre of your frame. But you don't really need that big amount of black to his left, nor do you need as much window frame and white non-descript sky ... so you have plenty of possibilities to crop in from the left and from above and still maintain the standard print ratio.

I'd also play with the shadows on his back a little then, just to see if there isn't just a bit more that can be "lured" from this photo, so he'd at least be outlined overall against the dark background.

Well, I tried but find it difficult!!! Not the crop, but the selective highlighting...

Better?Or not better?
130941743-L.jpg

Better. And better than my attempt.
My attempt looks awful. Only did I crop in more from above to get back to the 800x533 that you would have got from resizing the uncropped original, while you now got 800x580 ... making it brigher overall is better than what I did, though.

Most reactions

Back