Osprey success!

spiralout462

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been watching a nesting pair for several months. I have not been able to get very close at all. Certainly not close enough for my 300mm f4. This morning I finally got close enough with a 1.4tc. He/she flew right towards me!
Osprey in flight good2016resized.jpg

Nice Shot! Your patience has paid off.

Wow, the second one is awesome.

What a magnificent bird. Years ago there was a restoration project here in the metro area of MN. There were several raised on the lake across the road. Photographers lined the road for days trying to get shots of their first flights. The boys and I watched the second one's maiden voyage. There's another going on in southern MN right now. For a number of years they came back and we had them soaring right over the house. Didn't have a decent camera back then.

Now I have a decent camera and no osprey. Thanks to the internet, I do know where some are, just not in walking range. Go figure.

YASSS!!! I love when that finally happens; I had a similar experience with this tourist-friendly cormorant in the Everglades a few years ago. For YEARS I had been on the quest to capture the beautiful green eyes of the cormorant in a nice photo (I collect eyeball photos of all sorts of birds). Finally, literally just weeks before I moved out of Florida and had given up all hope, and then this cormorant. Great moving away gift from nature.
Nikon D5000, 60mm Macro, f4.5 at 1/400 ISO 500 -2 step Exposure bias
for web-0396.jpg

Beautiful!!

Most reactions

Back