OSX Tiger to Snow Leopard?

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Hi.

Can any mac people tell me if it is possible for me to upgrade my Mac from Tiger 10.4 to the latest Snow Leopard?

...Can I preserve my existing files and aplications or will it over-write everything (ie my photos, photoshop etc)?

....and, which version to i get? there seems to be a few at different prices.

this...?
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.K.)

this...?
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Family Pack - Apple Store (U.K.)

or that?
Mac Box Set - Apple Store (U.K.)

I had a quick look on the forums there and it's seem I can go from Tiger to Leopard, but still not sure if that will mean a total format or not...

I'm all confused :scratch:

you'll all be relieved to know, i updated to snow leopard and everything went fine.

John I just missed it lol If I would have found this before you updated this is what I would have said..

Yes you can...I would recommend backing up all your files on Cd's lol....

Did it cost you anything?

John I just missed it lol If I would have found this before you updated this is what I would have said..

Yes you can...I would recommend backing up all your files on Cd's lol....

Did it cost you anything?

i backed the important stuff up on to an external drive, but everything went fine.

I bought it from the apple shop.

People upgrading from Leopard to Snow Leopard are recommended by apple to get standard upgrade for £25.

Those upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard are recommended to choose the 'Box Set' for £132. It comes padded out with iworks 09 and iphoto 09 etc.

Tiger users are able to purchase the £25 upgrade, and it will work fine, But, you will be breaking your user end agreement with apple which means any automatic software updates in the future are disabled.

Most reactions

Back