TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
world1.jpg

world--2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes.. it is! Was! Will Be! lol!

Well.. this was a flop! I figured it would at least get some laughs! :)

hahaha.... no kids, but thanks! Trying to make a marble look like a planet on a starfield is harder than I thought it would be... :)

I didn't want to say it, but I too thought this was a flop...it just did not really come together completely. The concept is good, but the sphere looks like a SuperBall or something...it just did not quite "gel". I think maybe it looks too simple, or maybe too realistic. Maybe if the background were a bit farther behind the subject it would visually "read better". MY guess is that the backdrop is simply too close to the sphere, and that makes it look cheezy. Perhaps suspending the ball on wire or thread and having the backdrop be a bit farther away would give the eye different visual clues? I think it might be a case of multiple, very small visual clues that is hurting this concept, and preventing it from having full impact. Visual clues--like, in shot #1, that highlight on the surface of the "planet"--NOT GOOD! But in shot #2, the rim lighting along the outer periphery--MUCH better and more-realistic, I think.

Well, at least you tried. Let's say, you "Had the balls to put it up here on TPF!" ( a little joke there..about balls...)

I didn't want to say it, but I too thought this was a flop...it just did not really come together completely. The concept is good, but the sphere looks like a SuperBall or something...it just did not quite "gel". I think maybe it looks too simple, or maybe too realistic. Maybe if the background were a bit farther behind the subject it would visually "read better". MY guess is that the backdrop is simply too close to the sphere, and that makes it look cheezy. Perhaps suspending the ball on wire or thread and having the backdrop be a bit farther away would give the eye different visual clues? I think it might be a case of multiple, very small visual clues that is hurting this concept, and preventing it from having full impact. Visual clues--like, in shot #1, that highlight on the surface of the "planet"--NOT GOOD! But in shot #2, the rim lighting along the outer periphery--MUCH better and more-realistic, I think.

Well, at least you tried. Let's say, you "Had the balls to put it up here on TPF!" ( a little joke there..about balls...)

I have some ideas for some reshoots... will see what happens! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back