Our answer to the Opera House!

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally got out for a couple new pics yeasterday (although very limited for time). I managed to get this shot while waiting at a red light. It has had a decent amount of PS work due to the fact that I shot it sloppily and was shooting through an incredibly DIRTY passenger side window! It's a really good thing thsat I had decided to shoot in RAW mode before I even left the house or this shot would have been utterly useless. I changed the exposure by +2stops added contrast, burn+dodge (a little) and obviously cropped it. It is truly amazing what you can really do with RAW conversions. This one image has changed alot of what I think about it now. Until this point I have shot 90% in .jpg and from now on will shoot almost everything I can in RAW.

The building? This is the local Art Museum in Milwaukee, WI. on the shoreline of Lake Michigan. The building was designed by Santiago Calatrava and opened to the public in May of 2001. I have wanted to get there and take some pics for about 4 years now and this was the first time I have been near it since the building was finished :confused: sad huh? In my opinion this is the only thing within 200 miles of where I live that even comes close to the striking lines of the (now very over photographed) Sydney Opera House (I love that building! :blushing: )

More building info here http://www.mam.org/thebuilding/index.htm

I will be back to get some actuall, decent pics in the future. Just thought I'd share this one as I think I may be the first one on this site to post images of this building? If not I'm sure they will let me know ;)

artm7054.jpg

Not only do I like this photo as it is, or the building that it shows us, but I also like the story around it. Thank you for sharing.

And again I must get out my sign...
www_smiliemania_de_1327287-0.png

...and say "Architecture Theme"!!!

Awesome job especially for shooting out a car window!!! Quite impressive...and it is a very neat building :)

This is gorgeous!

Thanks for the feedback on this one! I really wasn't expecting it to be worth anything when I shot it ;)

LaFoto said:
Not only do I like this photo as it is, or the building that it shows us, but I also like the story around it. Thank you for sharing.

And again I must get out my sign...
www_smiliemania_de_1327287-0.png

...and say "Architecture Theme"!!!

WHAT SHE SAID!!! :) Nice shot! I've never shot in RAW yet, but I've been meaning to give it a try! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back