Our Own Personal Chernobyl

Hof8231

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, not really. But close enough. It's called Fricks Lock, an old abandoned town near Limerick, PA. The town was abandoned so a nuclear power plant could go in. Sadly, these are the closest pictures I could get as trespassing is strongly prohibited. The area is under constant human/video surveillance and I wasn't really trying to get arrested today. I know there are quite a few pictures here, but I just wanted to share these since I find this an interesting subject. The fake doors/windows really intrigue me. I don't expect CC on all but any is much appreciated.

IMG_2773 No Parking by SteveH8231, on Flickr
No parking sign outside the town. If this isn't an invitation to come on in, I don't know what is.

IMG_2841 Nuclear Towers by SteveH8231, on Flickr
The towers from across the river

IMG_2844 Nuclear Towers by SteveH8231, on Flickr
Closer shot of the towers

IMG_2853 House by SteveH8231, on Flickr
The first house on the right inside the gate

IMG_2923 Houses Low by SteveH8231, on Flickr
Low angle shot of all the visible houses from outside the gate

IMG_2912 Lock by SteveH8231, on Flickr
Fricks Lock? (I crack myself up)

IMG_2914 Gate Buildings by SteveH8231, on Flickr
Stupid gate with its stupid rules...

IMG_2894 Fake Door by SteveH8231, on Flickr
Closer view of the fake door/windows. Not sure what this is all about.

IMG_2936 Road Nuclear Stacks by SteveH8231, on Flickr
From a couple miles outside of town

IMG_2941 Stacks Wide by SteveH8231, on Flickr
Wider view

Hope you guys enjoy these and like I said, I don't expect CC on all of these but any is welcome. Thanks for looking!

looks like a Interesting place to sneak in. It looks like some one has been target training on the No Parking sign with some hollow point as they mushroom on the sign and perhaps some FMJ ( Full metal Jacket). I dont get why the fake doors and windows on real brick,thats very odd.

Last edited:
Why did they have to leave the town and why is it closed off to the public? It's not that close to those cooling towers and I'm sure the power plant itself is totally fenced off. Very strange, looks as though something else is going on there ;)

Just remember if you go in and they test a nuclear bomb, just hop in the fridge and everything will be ok.

looks like a Interesting place to sneak in. It looks like some one has been target training on the No Parking sign with some hollow point as they mushroom on the sign and perhaps some FMJ ( Full metal Jacket). I dont get why the fake doors and windows on real brick,thats very odd.

I don't understand it either, I find the whole thing really confusing. And yeah, there were plenty of casings scattered through the woods. My only guess is that's all that remains of the people who ventured past the gate :p

Why did they have to leave the town and why is it closed off to the public? It's not that close to those cooling towers and I'm sure the power plant itself is totally fenced off. Very strange, looks as though something else is going on there ;)

I honestly don't know. I just know the company that owns the plant bought out the neighborhood and made everyone leave. I saw a guy with two heads wandering around but he seemed nice so I didn't question it.

Just remember if you go in and they test a nuclear bomb, just hop in the fridge and everything will be ok.

Haha I think I've eaten enough Twinkies in my lifetime to survive any sort of nuclear situation.

You could be right.Perhaps a front for something shady going on.

I dont know Hof, It might be best to stay clear from there.

Yeah, for sure. I'd want to know! Power company = codeword for Gov't black project ;)

I think I just stumbled upon the Eastern PA version of Area 51. Now the government's probably after me. Damnit.

I dont know Hof, It might be best to stay clear from there.

Nah, I'll be fine. I've got enough Ramen and tin foil hats to last me a lifetime.

Those fake windows and doors are creepy as heck.....

The village has an historic significance and there is now a $2.3 million (yes, million) plan to renovate the area:

$2.3M restoration of Frick’s Lock Village unveiled - The Mercury

The photo of the shot-up no parking sign is creepy-like...I think if the village was shot under different lighting that it would lend itself to abandonment better.

I know, right? I really want to investigate further but I also really don't want to have a cop waiting for me when I come back lol.

The village has an historic significance and there is now a $2.3 million (yes, million) plan to renovate the area:

$2.3M restoration of Frick’s Lock Village unveiled - The Mercury

The photo of the shot-up no parking sign is creepy-like...I think if the village was shot under different lighting that it would lend itself to abandonment better.

Yeah, it would have probably been better around dusk or under an overcast sky but it was my only opportunity to get there for a week or so.

Ermm I mean...this was totally on purpose. The blue sky and sunlight represents the once thriving community and the better days of its past. :p

I know, right? I really want to investigate further but I also really don't want to have a cop waiting for me when I come back lol.

I think the place was unguarded years ago till kids began hanging around so now they have camera surveillance.

i like number 5 kinda looks like a street level model

Most reactions

New Topics

Back