Nuclear Power Plants and Abandoned Buildings

Hof8231

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Cool, did you run into issues taken the pictures of the cooling towers? I hear nuclear plants are off limits but not sure.

Cool, did you run into issues taken the pictures of the cooling towers? I hear nuclear plants are off limits but not sure.

Yeah, the closest I could get to anything was the spot I took the pictures of the houses above. The abandoned town is owned by the company that owns the plant and has 24/7 video surveillance and security so I decided to not go past the gate. Didn't feel like getting arrested lol.

Yeah, the closest I could get to anything was the spot I took the pictures of the houses above. The abandoned town is owned by the company that owns the plant and has 24/7 video surveillance and security so I decided to not go past the gate. Didn't feel like getting arrested lol.

I was tempted to snap some shots of one here close to Dallas once but didn't want to risk it.

Civil nuclear power plants can be legally photographed as long as you do it from a place that you're allowed to be, in the US.

And oftentimes in general, even if you are trespassing somewhere, and take photos, the photography itself still isn't illegal, even though the trespassing is. Although there are many more exceptions to this (expectations of privacy, etc.). Also, I wouldn't trust that rule of thumb for power plants in particular, since once you're on their grounds, there may be special exceptions for "national security" blah blah patriot act stuff, whatever.

But you should always be just fine if you're standing somewhere you're allowed to be, and it's a civilian building.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back