Out of Print LP's...

BrianV

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got the Sony USB turntable up and running, Sound Forge 9, managed to route the USB Codec to the Speakers and can record to disk.

I could not find Walter Carlos' Timesteps, full length version, on Youtube. I thought everything that was ever recorded made it's way there.

Boxes of LP's in the basement, the Dual 1249 crapped out years ago. Listening to Michael Jones "Sunscapes" as I'm typing.

Now I need to find a new 7" reel-to-reel. More boxes.

You've got stuff on reels ?

I held onto my Dual turntable just in case I get the ambition to complete the digitization my albums.
The cassettes were easier to do ... still got too many of them left.

Luckily I never collected Eight-Track.

Reel-to-Reel, 7", Maxell UD tape with Dolby noise reduction, 7.5IPS.

The heads in the Akai fried. My Maxell Casette tapes are still good, the reels are most likely good. "Every Beatles Song Recorded" including the bootlegs and B-Sides of 45's.

"Cry for a Shadow"

Eight Track. They jam up. So much for Itchy-Koo Park.

WOW (and flutter),magnetic tape?LP's?What are these mediums you speak of?......I'll never forget the look on my son's face as I was showing him what the strobe was for on a turntable,and the secret messege in "The Wall" when you played it backwards.......Hope you have better luck than I did transferring analog to digital......way too time consuming for me,tho I haven't quit yet.

Most reactions

Back