What's new

Outdoor Photography C&C

onehundredoctane

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
8
Location
North Carolina
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First off, I've only been shooting for the last 6 months and still very new to this. I've always wanted to pick up photography as a hobby, these are some of my first attempts at using something other than a point and shoot. All input is welcome as long as you tell me what I did wrong, or could improve on in the future.

1. "Colored Glass"-I shot this at a local park that just opened. Gateway Gardens in Greensboro, NC. Obviously edited to make the colored glass the focal points.
$418450_10150604186595379_502775378_11258300_1622485848_n.webp


2. "In the court yard"- This one I posted in my intro thread in the beginners area already. It was taken at Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC, looking thru a brick on the side patio into the courtyard. Minimal editing was done to this, if any.
$IMG_0605_CR2_-1024x681.webp

3. "Rustic Rambler"- Taken at a recent Cars and Coffee event, this is an old Nash Rambler that has a full Mini Cooper S drive train and interior, but looks like an old junk yard rust bucket. All the exterior is actually paint and the only rust on the car is on the front and rear bumpers.
$NashRambler.webp
 
I like #2, it's creative. Using your environment to compose the shot.
#1 - I'm trying to figure it out... Something about it that just doesn't seem right to me (its been a long night can't think straight).
#3 - composition is basic and boring. Also what is the subject matter - the guy looking at it or the car alone?

It isn't always possible, but think of it this way when you take a picture, it has to tell a story to someone, such as TPF members :) who have no clue where and when this pic was taken BUT there's a story of some sort to it.
#2 for example, tells me that you were walking in the park and saw SOMETHING (statue) and decided to take a shot of it BUT didn't want the statue to see you and hid behind that rock - its weird but its a story.
#1 you're walking in the park, there are circles coming out of sticks and all i see are colored circles ;)


Good Luck, keep shooting & telling us your photo stories.
 
I never thought of it as a "story" and had viewed it previously as just making an interesting picture. Sneaking up on a statue, HA!

The first picture I took after seeing the colors projected onto the ground in front of me, looked up and saw the colored glass. Number 3 I shot in manual mode and thought it turned out nice for me being a noob, but I agree it lacks content.

Thanks for your input! Keep it coming guys!
 
I like the sneaking up on the statue story haha. I feel like with the circle image, it just seems too much like there isn't enough of what you mainly wanted to capture. Like there are far too many trees in the image and not enough of the stained glass. As for the car picture, I like the car... But like IgsEMT said, there's no focal point, what should I be mainly looking at, and what's the idea behind it.
 
A small edit cuts out the majority of the brick and brings the statue more toward the center of the picture.


$IMG_0605.CR2-001.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom