Outdoor photos too bright

glutton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I have had my Fuji Finepix camera for close to 9 years now and recently when trying to take pictures outdoors, all of the photos have come out way too bright and washed out even when it's not sunny. Pictures taken indoors are still fine, but I have taken outdoor pics before without having them look this way. I have played around with the settings without really knowing what I was doing, maybe I messed them up so does anyone know what settings would suit outdoor use better, or is the camera just too old?

Read the manual.

See if you accidently changed the EV.

We really can't tell you anything unless we can see the exif data for an image. Telling us you have a Fuji is totally hopeless. THere are probably a hundred cameras or more it could be.
Are you using a special setting in the camera for outdoors? Or one of the scene modes? Or a million other things?

After 9 years of owning the camera and still not knowing what the settings are I think any suggestion of EV, exposure mode, RTFM,.... are moot.

Not everyone takes photos every waking hour. I own test equipment that I use only once a year. I still have troubles remembering how to use them. So I RTFM.

Actually, you would be surprised how little the average joe knows their camera. My mother-in-law has had the same Canon Rebel with the same 18-55mm lens for 6 years and she only shoots on full auto. If you asked, she probably couldnt even tell you what lens she had without looking.

Some people just dont get into the technical aspect of things. The OP mentioned changing random settings, so my questions are completely valid.

Most reactions

Back