What's new

Outdoor portrait - dark and lovely

syphlix

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
687
Reaction score
1
Location
NYC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there,

I haven't posted anything for a while, so thought i'd share something with yall.

This was taken w/ xsi kit lens w/ a single nikon off camera flash. I was going for a darker, more dramatic kind of feel.

Comments and critiques are always welcome!

Click on it for the larger size (and on black)

 
heh i don't think it's a smile, but i do understand your point!
 
I think the composition looks ok and the position of the model too but the posture, the look and the camera are off. Lighting's alright too.

Could have been a nice atmospheric image...
 
It would have been cool to sit on the ground and shoot up at your model getting more of that moody sky...

Just a thought.
What is it that he is standing in?
 
cool shot. i think it would have been cool to see the subject sort of sitting/relaxing in the left curve of the structure behind the subject as if it was a seat of sorts.
 
Concept is good, I just don't like the building in the background. The curved structure is very cool, and the lighting is cool, just needs some different approaches to composition.
 
hey good points! thanks!

i def shoulda noticed the building when shooting... after the fact it's impossible to remove lol... something i should have paid attn to...

mule, it's some kind of art/sculpture
 
:lmao:Not something I get to see out here in the 'wild land' that I live in!

I like it!
 
I get what you're going for, and I actually like the composition for the most part. I like the idea of getting down and shooting up a bit. Although I like what you're trying to do and I get it, I still think that this is a bit underexposed. You could have gotten the effect that you're going for but still gotten a bit more detail by upping the exposure a stop or so.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom