What's new

Over easy

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A typical food from street vendor in Mandalay.
A friend said they were quail eggs in a batter casing but, from the number of eggs available, I would bet that they are from a small native chicken.
Fearing Salmonella in the middle of a trip, I didn't try them.

p2111712784-5.jpg
 
I like this, Lew! Personally, I know the action is all in the picture (and nicely shot) but I would have liked to have seen the vendor as well, just to get a feel for the overall location. It's obviously not in the US, but it would have more authenticity for me if I saw the street cart and the vendor himself making the eggs. Unless, of course, this was part of a set and you already got the shot I was thinking of! Either way, cool shot! :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
The situation was dire.
Almost overhead sun behind them.
They were deep in shadow and the background was super bright, so bright I couldn't see anything through the viewfinder.
Even with +1 EC the vendor was underexposed and really noisy.

p1889290993-5.jpg


and her son (shown here before)

p2100078045-5.jpg
 
I think it came out fine for what you had! I think the woman's face adds a sense of hard-work and dedication to her trade and makes the first picture more enjoyable (for me, anyway).

The first picture looks like a well-taken shot of a woman maybe cooking at a barbeque or something.

The second and third makes it known that she's restlessly cooking in order to make a living and to provide for her son. The fact that both of them are dirty and tired adds to the situation. Nice work!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
First, thanks for looking and commenting.

The situation of third world workers is difficult to appreciate in the abstract.
Seeing people face to face who are working very hard for perhaps 15¢ an hour gives me an appreciation of where I fit in this world.

I suggest you read this Lew Lorton Photography | The color of small money

p1908059273-5.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom