Over the Wall

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is the original image I posted a while back and got some good feedback on:

IMG_1087a1 by breckmiller, on Flickr

Unfortunately, I didn't have the neccessary software to fix it at that point. Hooray for Christmas.

Fixed the distortion, color, and did some cropping.

IMG_1087b by breckmiller, on Flickr

Better?

Last edited:
I think it's different, but not necessarily better.

Perhaps something in the middle... in terms of exposure / brightness.

And I think the jagged edge you cropped out was an integral part of the original image.

^^^ I agree about the jagged edge and about an in-between treatment of the boards (including the window frame), but I think you nailed the window in the edit.

Interesting feedback on the shadow along the top - last time around most felt it was a distraction to the overall image.

My thoughts on the processing of the siding boards - I didn't want to go too much further and risk distracting from the window. Thoughts?

Interesting feedback on the shadow along the top - last time around most felt it was a distraction to the overall image.

My thoughts on the processing of the siding boards - I didn't want to go too much further and risk distracting from the window. Thoughts?

Of course, until you take it out and then they all go "oh yeah, it kinda got boring without it" ;-)

First fix the perspective / cropping ... then do the exposure in layers. Original (bottom) -> window (lightest) exposure -> boards (medium) exposure (top).

Erase thetop layer where the window is (allowing it to show through from the middle layer)

For any dark areas of the boards exposure, you can slightly erase" (like 35% density and 35% flow) the top layer, allowing the middle layer to partially show through.

Then save as JPG to collapse the layers.

Another way to do the same thing is to use curves adjustment layers and paint black on each layer mask in the areas where you don't want the curves adjustment to affect the image.

Most reactions

Back