What's new

Over the Weekend

Zia

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 31, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
Michigan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1.
IxUvG.png

2.
CnczV.jpg

3.
3KCBz.jpg


Also, I tried out some HDR shots, really need some opinions on these.
4.
NNRZn.jpg

5.
VPqWz.jpg


Thanks for viewing. C&c is very much wanted.
 
Last edited:
Wow, I wouldn't know where to start, lol.

But YOU can start by adding space between the images and numbering them.
 
What do you mean by;
"Wow, I wouldn't know where to start, lol."
?
 
It is very strange. Beautiful in some ways, disturbing in others, all over the place yet a compelling set... but I would want to know what you had in mind.
 
#2 i like a lot. For me the editing of 4 and 5 is much too much. The ankle chop #5 ...erm...adds to the insanity lol
 
It is very strange. Beautiful in some ways, disturbing in others, all over the place yet a compelling set... but I would want to know what you had in mind.

I did 2 shoots this weekend for friends, free of charge. These were just the shots I liked the most.
The first shot is a deer's head on a stick, if you couldn't tell. Yes a bit morbid, and No I did not put it on there or anything. Just photographed it.

#2 i like a lot. For me the editing of 4 and 5 is much too much. The ankle chop #5 ...erm...adds to the insanity lol

Thank you for your input. I was thinking that the editing was also too much.
 
The guitarist in #2 looks like Chris Thile...

Anyway, I think the HDR would've been really cool -what with the leather texture and the reflection of the guitar- if the background had been simpler. With the definition in the leaves and logs it just made it too much imo. otherwise, it would've a really cool effect

I really like #2 a lot, though I don't care for the last one.
 
You're welcome. By insanity, i mean expression on his face, the dark woods ..the fact his feet just got removed while playing Stairway to Heaven :). My editing tastes with documentary type photography are conservative. I'm into the minimum of adjustments.


It is very strange. Beautiful in some ways, disturbing in others, all over the place yet a compelling set... but I would want to know what you had in mind.

I did 2 shoots this weekend for friends, free of charge. These were just the shots I liked the most.
The first shot is a deer's head on a stick, if you couldn't tell. Yes a bit morbid, and No I did not put it on there or anything. Just photographed it.

#2 i like a lot. For me the editing of 4 and 5 is much too much. The ankle chop #5 ...erm...adds to the insanity lol

Thank you for your input. I was thinking that the editing was also too much.
 
As a set, I see a very nice although strangely weird Deliverance meets Lord of the Flies meets Tobe Hooper possibilities and would have wanted to see where you were going with it.

As individual shots, only #2 interests me. Good choice for a B&W, I don't think it would work as a color image. I like the chaos of the background and the reflection of the surroundings in the high gloss of the guitar and what looks almost also like reflections on the jacket.

#1 could have been really nice but it needs a reflector or some fill flash to get a bit more light on the tree and the top half of the deer head. And btw, I couldn't care less if you had cut it off yourself and stuck it on a pole, lol. I've done stranger things for photos :)
 
FLoating Deer's head, gah!!

I don't know if that's what you wanted, but 4 and 5 look like water-colors. I don't know what the subject is in numero 3.

2 is the least controversial, so my puny lizard-brain tells me it's my favorite. The composition is good anyway.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom