Overcast day, portrait of a girl.

Thank you for this! :thumbup:

No problem. I might also add a couple other things.

The lips (though they're very very hard to work with at low res like this) were done with healing brush, color dodge, and color burn.

The hair was done using a golden-colored color dodge in the highlights.

I made a new layer out of the eyes and lightened with a curves adjustment layer.

In this case, I did levels at the end, compressing the highlight range slightly and moving middle gray slightly toward the shadows. You could just as easily do levels at the beginning, but I'd recommend not bringing the highlights all the way up because that gives you less room to play with dodging.

I didn't feel that any USM was necessary. The retouching itself already sharpens the image to some extent.

I thought I would try my hand at this. Photoshop is one of my favorite parts of photography, so much fun.

2221955279_7ff892e77f_o.jpg

and this is why we can't always believe what we see. A great series, very honest. I am sure even she would be ecstatic, though not too shabby from the get go, just shows what a few pros can do.

and this is why we can't always believe what we see. A great series, very honest. I am sure even she would be ecstatic, though not too shabby from the get go, just shows what a few pros can do.

No kidding hey? It reminds me of those adds regarding what we see and what we preceive as beauty.

I'd ask the girl if you can edit her picture before showing her that shot!

Beautiful girl and beautiful photo. The last edited photo is realy good. Now start working on the background and its a very nice picture.

wow. you guys have some retouching skill!

Most reactions

Back