What's new

Overcast

squirrels

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 3, 2012
Messages
908
Reaction score
437
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another abstract landscape for this morning. Charlie, I promise, no Prozac required for viewing this one.
Please C&C.

 
St Johns Wort.. Really got me out of the dreary's . lol
 
I love the colours and texture in this one :)
But (don't ya love the buts? lol )

The balance feels off, the darkest/least vibrant area is really contained in the left 1/4 of the image, it catches my eye and keeps it there and the rest of the image gets lost. Remember dark recedes so the left side of your image represents the closest "land" to me but it is darkest and the gradient goes to light/more saturated in the "distance" on the right of the image. About at the center you have a pretty strong transition between the two where perhaps you can crop to make a square(ish) composition with the left side of the image. I think taking off some of the right side will bring it more in balance.
 
Oh and the right side that you crop off... that's pretty yummy in it's own right, I think you have two separate pictures here ;)
 
I was going to say you should sell them as prints but you already do. Well done. If you have trouble selling them you should open a dedicated website and market yourself. I would buy these (if i weren't so broke). They would look wonderful as framed blow-ups on the wall.
 
I was going to say you should sell them as prints but you already do. Well done. If you have trouble selling them you should open a dedicated website and market yourself. I would buy these (if i weren't so broke). They would look wonderful as framed blow-ups on the wall.


That's really nice of you to say (and I'd be super thrilled if you wanted to buy it)! The "buy it" option was checkbox when I signed on to 500px. I'm not supporting my ramen noodle budget with it or anything! ;)
 
Okay PR, you are out to get me in trouble today, but I love your split it up idea. :heart:
Also added just a touch of dodge and burn here and there.

Mop floors? No! TPF...Forever!

Part the first


Part the second.
 
They would look great as a canvas print set side by side. Funny how art and house work never seem to go together!
 
They would look great as a canvas print set side by side. Funny how art and house work never seem to go together!

Agree, I like it split and it would look great as a pair!

LOVE Hyperbole and a Half! Housework schmousework, I got a Slinky yesterday!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom