overexposure help

C_lawgik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
When i was out today taking pictures at my local paintball field i noticed that alot were overexposed. I was shooting in av mode on my digital rebel. I was wondering if i got a 18 percent grey card adn exposed on that if that would help. Heres what I mean:
Jessespray.jpg

IMG_6459.jpg

and alos do they look sharp to you?
here is a link to the rest of them
http://photobucket.com/albums/v326/derricklytle/Paintball/Red Cliffs April 16/?start=0

I dont know if this shoudl go in the photo section so if it does please move it. thanx

the exposure on those doesn't look too bad to me, but if it's bothering you try using the EV +/- exposure compensation on your camera. i REALLY like the way you were able to capture the moment in the first one, and your portrayal of motion in the second is spot on to the adrenaline rush you get when playing that kind of sport. nice job, i think.

Everytime you press the shutter button, it's going to re-evaluate your exposure, when you are in av. You should check the historgram on your lcd, and if you are getting overexposure, ie, historgram to far to the right, then you need to use ev compensation. Otherwise, shoot in manual mode, get a good exposure, and it won't change.

Do they look sharp? These two don't particularly, because I'm sure you were moving, as were they. The others aren't super sharp either, from what I can tell. View them at 100% and you'll see.

I realize you were shooting action, and needed to shoot as quickly as possible, but if you had shot in raw, you could fix these from overexposure a bit.

Most reactions

Back