Overhand grip

j-digg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just watching a movie now with some kid photographer in it and he grips the lens to zoom / focus in an overhand manner with his fingers on the top... I dont know why but it bugs me a lot haha, a top contestant on the competetive photography show "Picture This" also gripped it like this and it bugged me then too.

Does anyone use this method? It just seems like youd just create much more work for yourself by holding it like that, and you wouldnt be able to support the camera and lens properly... Id like to see someone walk around all day shooting with a 70-200 2.8 IS/VR with this style of grip, thatd be hell :lol:

I'm too fricken tired to even imagine what it looks like - got a pic ? :)

I knew I saw it somewhere before, its in "The Hot Shoe Diaries"...

Da Grip | Joe McNally's Blog

It talks about it and shows a pic of him gripping it that way about a 3rd of the way down the link.

if you're refering to this one
sbdemo003.thumbnail.jpg
My only problem with this is lack of support for the lens. I keep my hand down
sbdemo002.jpg
But I guess it doesn't matter how you hold the camera (and if you hold it at all - tether :D ) as long as you get results. For me, I need to hold my "$maker" steady.

if you're refering to this one
sbdemo003.thumbnail.jpg
My only problem with this is lack of support for the lens. I keep my hand down
sbdemo002.jpg
But I guess it doesn't matter how you hold the camera (and if you hold it at all - tether :D ) as long as you get results. For me, I need to hold my "$maker" steady.

Yep, just didnt want to post the pics directly. And of course its the results that matter :D just seems like the people that do it are making things tougher on themselves is all haha.

Most reactions

Back